Shadowfever - Karen Marie Moning One word for now: F*CKAWESOME!

*EDIT: FULL REVIEW (NO SPOILERS)*

Okay, I'm gonna try to write something here. This blank space is mocking me that if I loved this book so much, why aren't I saying anything about it.

Keep in mind, I haven't slept in over 36 hours. There will be typos. There will be rambling. THERE WON'T BE ANY SPOILERS!

That's the most important thing here. I cannot bring myself to spoil anyone about this book. It's is so good and so unexpected that I can't ruin it for anyone. That would be blasphemy.

KMM really delivered. I always hoped she would, but deep down I doubted it. So many authors have disappointed me along the way. So many series that I loved end up on a bad note or just kept going on and on while everything I loved about it went to hell in a handbasket *cough LKH cough*. So many authors just sold out and made a mockery of their heroines *cough Richelle Mead cough*. Others are milking the cow and losing sight of the story *cough CH cough*.

I think I might need some cough drops. *looks around sheepishly*

Anyway, my point is that we all have been waiting for this book with the promise that all would be answered and that we would be awed. I don't know about you, but I was skeptical. Silly me, I should have trusted KMM.

We all came up with so many different theories. We researched. We discussed. We speculated. We drove ourselves crazy. We made bets.

Let me tell you now: WE HAD IT ALL WRONG.

AND THANK GOD FOR THAT.

I have to say that was my favorite part about the book. I did NOT see it all coming. Not in the least. And I'm usually the one that guesses the end of every book, every movie. Im the annoying one that one third into it knows who did it. Not this fecking time. No sir.

The only thing I knew and was always sure about was who the beast was, but other than that and a few minor points, I was surprised. Shocked even.

This book was a wild ride and it was so much fun. I was on the edge of my seat. I laughed, I cried, I gasped, I did the whole nine yards of emotions. I was riveted. I was enthralled.

We got all the answers we wanted, but never guessed. Well, we didn't get one answer that we were dying for, but as Mac eventually learns, that was not the point and not the important in the scheme of things. It didn't even bother me. If you had told me that a day before I would have scoffed, but I get it. I don't need to know. My glass is full to the brim and I'm delighted.

I'm dazzled by KMM's mind. What a fantastic place it must be. Thank heavens!

I can't really go on without spoiling you guys, so I'm gonna stop in a minute. I just need to add one thing.

Mac was never my favorite heroine. I couldn't put my finger on it. Maybe it was all the shallowness and the pink in the first book. Maybe because she was just so different from me at first. However, I grew to admire and respect Mac and with this book to love her. She is flawed, but who isn't. She rised to the occasion. Big time. Her journey was hard and painful, but she went above and beyond and I adore her for it. I'm glad she now holds a lot of joy, just like she promised. No one is more deserving. My hats off to you, Mac! *whispers: sorry I judge you too harshly at first*

PS: I have one little issue with this book. It's spoilery, so I can't go into it. I'll just say that I was frustrated a character had left the land of denial and had had an epiphany (and was willing to move mountains because of it) only to regress to its earlier stages of denial a little later. I get the reasoning at some degree, but it's the only point in the book that smelled of cliché and was a little contrived. It just felt like a plot device to have the resolution at the end. KMM is better than that. As this book proves. It just didn't ring true to me. But I might be nitpicking, because I just couldn't find anything else wrong with it. On the contrary!

So, what did you think?