Lucifer's Daughter (Princess of Hell, #1) - Eve Langlais Ok, so this book is cheesy and formulaic. The plot is simple and you can easily guess what will happen. The romance is cliché. HOWEVER, I kind of loved this book. It doesn't take itself seriously, so that helped a lot.

This is the type of novel that I needed right now. I read a couple of heart-breaking books lately, and I wanted a fun and silly read to enjoy. It certainly fit the bill.

The main character is Lucifer's daughter, but she is a virgin and her dad is always trying to get her to sin more and lose her virginity. The best parts of this book were the interactions between them. They were hilarious and super sweet in a very twisted way (my favorite kind). I have this soft spot for Lucifer in works of fiction, which kind of disturbs my growing up catholic ass (although I don't subscribe to any religion since I became an adult). I did love Lucifer here and Muriel calling him daddy.

The hero is very alpha, as usual, but I liked the fact that the heroine is kick ass on her own right, being a princess of hell and all. She kicks ass better than he does. One scene I particularly liked was when he was trying to protect her by walking first into her apartment and looking for any attackers. Muriel stands back with her friend Charon (another great character) who laughs under his breath. She tells him that she thinks it's cute, since nobody has ever tried to protect her before. I really loved that she thought how cute the hero was when trying to be all alpha, since he really didn't have to. Muriel can take care of herself, which she proves quite often. I like a book that can poke fun at its own alpha male.

The sex scenes were a bit over the top, but again something that is very much in accordance to its genre. I'm used to it now.

So, if you're looking for something fun, silly and fluffy. Give this one a try, but don't complain that I didn't warn you of its cheesiness. It's a very fast read too.

PS: I was kind of torn between giving it 3 or 4 stars. I'm giving it 4 for now, but I might change that soon.