Stormdancer - Jay Kristoff I received an e ARC of this book from NetGalley in exchange for a honest review.

I LOVED THIS BOOK! 4.5 stars.

I loved it so much I offered to exchange my soul for an ARC, and IT WAS WORTH IT.

This novel is an epic tale of good versus evil, the oppressed fighting the oppressor. In its core it's story about friendship between two different species and how the bonds of friendship can elevate you to new heights of courage and passion. It's about love, maybe not romantic love, but a love that's so strong that can change two different beings into one.

I have to applaud Mr. Kristoff. He did his homework. His steampunk Japan is fascinating and complex. The mythology here is fantastic and I've rarely read anything so well done.

Our heroine is Yuki. A teenage girl with so much heart, courage and loyalty that I wish all other heroines were like her. But it's Buruu who steals the show and captured my heart. I fell head over heels in love with him, and I wish the whole book was just about him, and that he could narrate it. For a mystical beast, he's quite adorable and lovable. His loyalty to Yuki and their friendship is everything one could hope for and it's such a pleasure to read.

The secondary characters are very interesting and well developed. The descriptions are luxurious and set the stage perfectly for such a beautiful story. I only deducted half a star from my rating because I thought the narrative was a little too descriptive at times, but that's to be expected in epic fantasy like this one and it's a matter of personal taste, but it doesn't detract from the awesomeness that was this book. I read it all in one sitting and I did cry a couple of times. It's moving story and I can hardly wait for the sequel.

Thanks you, Mr. Kristoff. You did good, dude. You did awesome, sir!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I found out this book is only going to be release in September: